Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On the brink...

I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out what I needed to write in my first blog post. I fretted over going with a serious theme, a comical, or a mixture of both. Ultimately, I decided that it didn't really matter. If you're reading this, you know who I am (not to mention how I am), so I shouldn't be too worried about impressions....I say that now. But, here goes nothing.

Roughly two years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea. To be honest, most of my "great ideas" are forgotten within five minutes, but for some reason, this one would not go away. As the days and months progressed the idea stuck, and it developed into something that most people, including myself, would never think was plausible. In a year and a half, I had written a book...or, an extremely long word document saved onto my computer and several email accounts to be more precise.

This has been the most frustrating, tiring, and exciting project I have ever taken on by myself. Today, I stand on the edge of the cliff of decision. I am putting final touches on my first book, and I am preparing to send it to my first potential publisher. As completely terrifying as this is, I know that I will always regret not trying. I started this blog in hopes that you, my adoring fans (ha ha), would follow me on my race to literary stardom (or failure). I also hope you enjoy the absurd twists and turns my personal path takes me along the way.

If you've read this far: Welcome. This is my life.

1 comment:

  1. Came here from the link on your Mom's facebook post! GO CHESNEY. I can't wait to read all about your adventures in publishing!

    ReplyDelete