Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This One's For You

I think sometimes, in the middle of all the chaos your life brings, you have to step back and take a look at how far you have come. For me, that means looking at the people in my life that have got me this far. I am going through a lot of changes lately with my life, and as a result, I have spent a lot of hours thinking about my friends.

I have several categories of friends. I have my childhood friends, my college friends, my work friends, my family friends, and everyone else falls into other categories I don't think I need to mention. To be completely honest, I put people into categories so I don't have to pick a favorite. I can say, "Oh, you are my best (insert category) friend." Now that you know this, you can go ahead and hate me for it, but you know you'll miss me. So stick around. Please.

Regardless of what category I stick people in, I have found one thing in common with all of them: support. Through all of this, every single one of my friends has supported me and pushed me to keep going even if I didn't want to. Many of my friends have put up with my droning about ideas, suggested things to add, and of course, you can't leave out the ones who are irritated that I won't let them read it...(Sorry, Ray-Ray).

Ultimately though, I don't think I would have gotten this far without the support I received from all of my friends. I don't know where I will go with this book thing, but I just want you to know one thing: you have a seat on my tour bus. If you get a bus...it might just be a car. If that is the case, we can always rent one of those 15 passenger vans and sing Disney songs the whole time...

2 comments:

  1. Still irritated.
    But blasting Disney on what you know will end up being a station wagon might make it better... a little

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm irritated I can't read it either. But I suppose anticipation is half of the fun.

    Better make it worth it! haha. Love you, Ches!

    -MS

    ReplyDelete